The Acne Medication That (Finally) Gave Me Clear Skin

Beauty And Style Beauty Tips Beauty Treatment Skin Care Make Up Tips News New Fashion The Acne Medication That (Finally) Gave Me Clear Skin
Share it:
I remember certain things about puberty vividly, like shaving my armpits for the first time while my family waited downstairs impatiently before a trip to Florida. I remember my mother talking me through tampon insertion from behind the door of my bathroom, since I refused to let her in. But, for the life of me, I cannot remember my first zit. The inflamed red dots that scattered across my forehead and chin have always been a part of my life, like the perfectly round birth mark on the inner corner of my right eye. I have always had acne, and it's always been pretty bad. Or, at least, I thought it was bad.

The Acne Medication That (Finally) Gave Me Clear Skin

In my teen years, I tried every possible regimen, from Stridex pads to Proactiv. When I was 18, I even convinced my mother to let me go on birth control to keep the zits at bay. But nothing ever worked for very long, and eventually, I just accepted my acne as a part of me. I stocked up on hella foundation, and figured it would go away once my hormones weren't as crazy-active.
The Acne Medication That (Finally) Gave Me Clear Skin
Then, one day, I woke up and I realized that I was 25 and still had shitty skin. And I was fed up with it. So I made an appointment with Sejal Shah, M.D., whom I now consider my skin fairy godmother because she was 100% no-bullshit. "I'm fucking sick of having acne," I told her in her office on that first day. She replied: "Well, I can give you a topical. But if you really want to get serious, I can give you an antibiotic." I looked the good doctor straight in the eyes and said, "I'll take the drugs, please and thank you.
Share it:

Beauty And Style

Beauty Tips

Beauty Treatment

Make Up Tips

New Fashion

News

Skin Care

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Thank You Very Much For Your Time.